Friday 5 June 2009

Writing Buddies - A Great Meeting of Literary Minds...

One of our writers, Julia Painter, has summed up today's meeting, our second, at Borders. This is what she says:

'A great meeting of literary minds took place this afternoon at Borders! Wonderful to be able to link up with other writers - published and aspiring - representing a multidude of genres. This afternoon we talked latest news writing-wise, including competitions, writing conferences and other local groups. What is good about this new group is its informality and the participants' desire to share information, news and hot tips. Looking forward to the next session! And another Starbucks Caramel Latte and Chocolate Cake...'

Come and join us. It really is fun! the next meeting is Friday 19th June at the Southampton Borders bookshop at 2pm.

3 comments:

  1. It was a fantastic meeting! Looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really feel that I am missing something (and not just the coffee and cake) I wonder if I can get Borders to open a branch in Torrevieja (Spain)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, you two.

    I am so pleased that you were able to come, Sabrina. Please pass the word and bring some friends. Everyone is welcome.

    Rob, let me know when you are next over. I am sure the group would love to hear about your adventures in Spain!

    ReplyDelete